Sunday, October 29, 2006

She said "Yes!"

BTW, did I tell you? She said, "Yes!"
I popped the question yesterday at White Rock Lake in Dallas.
She had no clue it was coming... at least not as soon as it did.
I think she was feeling she'd be lucky if it came by New Years. Ha.
But I have never been more excited in my life!
We'll wed on April 28, 2007 in Mesquite, Texas at our parent's church (where Laurie grew up).
We'll have a video and photos online later tonight...
Or if you're lucky, the video has been approved by Youtube and you can watch it here...



Seriously. I'm getting married. What a great God we serve.
I would have never guessed it in a million years. That's probably why I signed a one year contract for my apartment on July 1, seven days before I met Laurie.
Wow.

6 comments:

Rick Reynolds said...

UNBELIEVEABLE! I knew that was going to happen the first time you told me about her! Kasie and I cannot wait to meet Laurie. God Bless you both. I am so excited for you Jon you deserve God's best.

weareallghosts said...

Yeah!!! G'on yersel big yin!!!

Blessings to both of you. Fab!

Jonathan Blundell said...

Some day you'll have to tell me what, "G'on yersel big yin!!!" actually means ;-)

weareallghosts said...

You've got the pigskin and you are running... madly... to the endzone.

At somepoint in that someone will be shout "Go on yourself... big man!!!"

or as we say in NoMo (North Motherwell) - G'on yersel big yin!!!

I have to say the footage made me sick... one word :: TRIPOD! Otherwise Olly and my folks were touched by the sweet, sweet moment... Hopefully, one day, big yin, I'll shake your hand and give Laurie a wee peck on the cheek.

Make Him proud!

Jonathan Blundell said...

When I hear "Go on yourself" i think, "Pee your pants."
Anyways, yeah, funny thing though, we edited most of the real shakey things out. ;-)
But I'm not complaining at all, I'm glad we got the footage.
Thanks again for your prayers and support!

Brandi said...

I am so late to this party (blasted jury duty), but CONGRATULATIONS! I am thrilled for you. Enjoy being engaged... it's fun because people have to be nice to you. Loads of blessings to you both.