Monday, June 06, 2005

Have it your way - no more?

Some of you may recall my rant Have it Your Way a few weeks back.
As an update, our paper just received word that the franchise is filing for bankruptcy.
I wonder how many other people were having trouble Having it Their Way?
There have been a number of businesses come and go in Belton as of late.
This particular burger stop has been open for 2 or 3 years. It's in a prime location along I-35, yet the business apparently hasn't done to well.
Another restaurant nearby has had troubles as of late as well.
Yet other businesses seem to strive.
Two tire shops closed down in Belton within the last 18 months.
Both blamed the local economy and a lack of support.
Yet, when talking with the owner of the store that moved into one location -- he said he wouldn't sell his property for double what he paid for it.
He said he couldn't be happier with the business, location and response from the community.
It just goes to show how far customer service really goes.
I only shopped at the two former tire shops once. With the poor service I received I had no desire to go back.
Why waste my time and money when I can get better service and prices elsewhere.
Marketing and advertising have a lot to do with your business - but after that, its up to your customer service to keep the customers coming back.

No comments: