Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Monkeys

Michael Robinson sent me this link: We Aren't Monkeys, about an upset waitress.
Ever stop and think while you're in a restaurant, that there might be other people there needing help too?
Sunday after church we visited a local restaurant where only two ladies were waiting tables.
I felt sorry for the two ladies who were definitly working their tail off to make sure everyone had everything.
Sure, it was annoying to have to wait a while to get a menu and my water and what not, but you can only expect two waitresses to do so much.
But I've been in places and seen ridiculous demands put on wait staff.
And unfortunately the friends I have that wait tables or have waited tables always tell me how much they hate the Sunday crowd.
They all say its the worst time to wait tables.
The church crowd is more demanding, less merciful, complains that the wait staff is working on a Sunday and not worshipping with them -- and they're usually the worst tippers.
And then they want to leave a tract to tell the wait staff how much God loves them.
That makes me want to join a church right away.

And they will know that we are Christians by our tips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word up. I waited tables for 4 years and I know from first hand expereince how Christians generally are the hardest customers to satisfy. Being a servant to Christians as a whole is much like being a police officer... it is a thankless job. Though there was one Christian that did it right. One night after the customer left I saw what looked like to be a $100 bill sticking out of the reciept holder. But it was in fact just a bible track that went on to explain how money isn't everything.. at first I was thinking he had made me work for free by skipping out on the tip and leaving a bible track then O noticed included in the tract was a 25% tip. h