Sunday, June 19, 2005

Why Cena's feeling Raw

The Sun Online: Has an interview and article with WWE Champion John Cena, who won the championship at Wrestlemania XXI and was recently traded from the Smackdown brand to Raw brand.
Cena said he had no choice in the matter, but would bleed Raw red as long as he was there and if moved back to Smackdown tomorrow, he would bleed Smackdown blue tomorrow.
As for his change of the WWE belt:
"What I'm doing is giving my input on the development of the WWE title. The title had been the same for so long and I didn't think it embodied what it should as the very pinnacle of our sport. I've made the championship a lot more classy, it is the most expensive belt in WWE history. It's something I think anyone would want to fight for."
In other wrestling news, TNA had a decent PPV for their 3rd anniversary Sunday night.
I was disappointed to see Raven win the title. It seemed a bit out of place and seemed to make the talents of AJ and others in the company a bit weak, even though I would say most of the company is full of great workers. The Chris Daniels match was great. I was really impressed with the X-Division.
Lance Hoyt had a great match. I've seen him a couple times in PCW and was really impressed with him tonight. He worked the entire match and was really over with the crowd. He had a great pop at the end after beating down the Canadians manager. The front row full of Hoytmania shirts was also great.
It was my first TNA PPV after countless WWE PPV's and I was pleased overall. The production reminded me of WCW, with lazers and small pyros, but as Chris "Idol" put it, it makes you feel more like a live event rather than a big television production.
Anyone else watch it and want to comment on it?
Next Saturday CWF will return to Rockwall - without Tim Storm or Apoc - as part of the stipulation from their tag match June 11.
Also, Sunday I'll be watching WWE's Vengenance PPV, so more great wrestling. Does it get any better?

No comments: