Monday, June 13, 2005

Lord I don't know

Lord I don't know where all this is going - but lead me to the peace that's past understanding.

So much has happened in the last six months.
My sister Amy has gone home to be with her Lord and Savior.
I've begun training and become an active member in the CWF team.
I've reached the one-year mark in home ownership.
I've resolved to go to Haiti with Hope for the Hungry and trust God with getting me there.
I've actually given some serious thought to moving back to the D/FW area after five years away.
I've sat alone in a room and felt completely content and stood in a large crowd and never felt lonelier.
I've been turned down for two jobs I felt especially qualified for.
I've been body slammed - mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
I've seen God work in mighty, amazing ways.

And I have no clue where all this is going.

I am an editor of a newspaper.
Member of the Belton Lions Club
Singles Intern at Church (as of today)
President of the UMHB Bell County Alumni Association
Chairman of the Belton Area Chamber of Commerce University Relations Committee
Commish/Ring Announcer for the CWF
Home owner
Cigar Lover
Son
Brother
Grandson

And Lord I have no clue where all this is going.

I want to write a book.
I want to run a radio station.
I want to find new ways to market the Gospel.
I think it would be fun to run a bookstore, bar or restaurant.

I burn the candle at both ends and in the middle, yet I have trouble sleeping without a night cap or sleeping pill.
So many people tell me they're glad I'm the Editor of The Belton Journal.
So many people tell me I should move back to Dallas.

Lord I do't know where all this is going. I don't know where all this is going, but you hold it all in the palm of your hands.
Who am I to question you? Lead me to peace that's past understanding, a place beyond all doubt.

No comments: