Saturday, June 18, 2005

Bono, Boone and others team up to salute Billy Graham

Pat Boone announced his final recording recently in Rolling Stone article. The album features an all star tribute to Billy Graham. The song, Thank You Billy Graham features Boone, LeeAnn Rimes, Michael Tait, TobyMac, Larry King and others, with an introduction by Bono.

At a time when religion seems so often to get in the way of God's work; with its shopping malls, sales pitch and its bumper sticker inductionism, I give thanks for the sanity of Billy Graham. For that clear empathetic voice of his and that Southern accent. Part poet, part preacher. A singer of the human spirit I'd say. Yeah I give thanks for Billy Graham. Thank you Billy Graham. - Bono

I'm always intrigued by Bono's take on Christianity, Christ, God and religion. I think a lot of Christians want to pigeon-hole him, and maybe I'm doing this now, but I think he has a greater understanding of God and scripture than most of us.
Somewhere I have a cool picture of Bono and Mrs. Graham reading the book of Psalms together. I'll see if I can hunt it down.
To see the video click here.

No comments: