Monday, June 06, 2005

The perfect bachelor tool

I just found the perfect bachelor tool on HEB's website. AWESOME!
I went looking for a meal idea for tonight and they have a pre-planned menu for each week on their site.
You can click on the items and pull up a recipe. Then scale the menu for how many servings you want to fix.
Personally I'm going to try two servings. One for dinner and one for lunch the next day. Granted - that's if I only eat one serving for dinner.
Once you have the recipe scaled to the number of servings you want, you can either print out a 3x5 size card, a 4x6 size card or a full page recipe. Personally I'm going with a 4x6 to fit in the handy recipe book my sister Amy made me for Christmas a few years back (another perfect gift for your favorite bachelor).
And then above and beyond that - you can print out a shopping list with everything you need to make that weeks menu on it.
Awesome.
Now I only need a nutritionist to let me in on how healthy I'm really eating.
Some of the recipes have nutritional information and some don't.
But this is a tool everyone should know about. Use it and have fun. I'm about to go do my shopping for the week and I'll try the Thai Curried Shrimp with Mushrooms tonight.

No comments: