Saturday, June 18, 2005

RSS Feeds

IndyChristian.com has a good starting point for understanding RSS feeds. It' really quite simple, but still many people who read blogs regularly aren't using them. Of course there are lots of additional points/questions to be made, but this entry gives you a good overview.
When people refer to RSS they are usually refering to a file located on a website (usually blogs) that contains information about recent posts that can be used by RSS aggregators

I personally read all my blogs through an aggregator - I enjoy it a lot more than going to 30 different websites a day. And if I don't have time to read them, my reader will simply store the new messages until I have time to get to them all.
Speaking of aggregators and readers, here's a few questions for you - my readers:
Please respond with the comment button below (or if you're clueless you can send me an e-mail):
1. How often do you visit my blog?
2. Do you use an aggregator or RSS reader?
3. How many other blogs do you read regularly?
4. What makes mine different?
5. How did you first find or hear about my blog?
Thanks for reading and I hope each of you have found something enjoyable in my random ramblings.

1 comment:

Mkellynotes said...

1. How often do you visit my blog?

At least once a day.

2. Do you use an aggregator or RSS reader?

I have no idea what an aggregator or RSS reader is!

3. How many other blogs do you read regularly?

I usually try to keep tabs on 2 or 3 a day. You know, the usual list of suspects : -)

4. What makes mine different?

I enjoy reading your take on religious and political issues.



5. How did you first find or hear about my blog?

From you. Ya know, you just kept talking about it at work. I figured I needed to give it a look see.

Thanks for reading and I hope each of you have found something enjoyable in my random ramblings.

Blessings on your day,

Michael