Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Remember our armed forces


A U.S. Navy sailor holds his child for the first time as he returns to Naval Base San Diego, Calif., following a deployment aboard the USS Halsey (DDG 97) on Dec. 24, 2006. Halsey, an Arleigh Burke class guided-missile destroyer, conducted sustained maritime interdiction operations in the Sulu and Celebes Seas during its maiden deployment. DoD photo by Cmdr. Jane Campbell, U.S. Navy. (Released)
Photo by: JANE CAMPBELL, U.S. NAVY

I reported on another casualty of the war in Iraq yesterday. That's the third article I've written. Luckily that's all. But either way it's hard to do. It doesn't get any easier -- which is probably why the DOD gives very little information on each casualty.
I've subscribed to the DOD's e-mail list that keeps me posted on any and all casualties in Iraq and its amazing to see how many e-mails I've gotten over the last few days. Most of these men and women died over the Christmas holiday weekend. Not how I'd want to remember Christmas this year. Remember the families of those who have served, are serving and especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

No comments: