Friday, August 05, 2005

Some problems I'm having...

I've been working in Harker Heights for about a month now and while this may upset some people here or there, here's a short list of some things that bug me about the town
- On the city website (HarkerHeights.com you can click to get directions to Harker Heights, but first you have to search the webpage to find the city's address. Boy that's annoying.
Need Directions to Harker Heights? Click here. .Just type in your address then our address (see above) and your computer will do the rest.

- According to a random website, it is illegal to "disturb a church service by swearing." Now, I'm not a big swearer, but that's somewhat restricting isn't it?
- According to the same site, "Drivers of city vehicles must respect all traffic rules just like the rest of us." Isn't that common knowledge? Did we really need to waste time writing a law about it.
- City council members must have a workshop every week they don't have a meeting, to discuss what their next meeting will be about. Now I don't think that's required. It's just been habit or what I've seen so far.
- It's next door to Killeen.
- Everyone has to ask someone else or think about buying ads. Its never a yes or no. It's let me ask or think about it.
- And well... that's about it. That's all I can come up with for now.

No comments: