Friday, August 05, 2005

Imagine where you want to be

My mom said I need to update my blog, so here is my first entry for the day - at 3:07 p.m.
Churchmarketingsucks.com has a link to an interview with Brian Houston, senior pastor at Hillsong Church Australia.
Brian says some intersting things about imagining where you want to be and where you want to go.
Before our church had any influence really, I sat down one day and imagined the church that I would I’d love to pastor. So I called it The Church That I See. And in that I describe the church, I talk about its worship, I talk about its mission, I talk about its people. And I would have to say that at that time, our church didn’t look like that, but I read it now, and it sounds like I’ve just sat down, and in some ways, described what, what the church has become. Which to me is quite an amazing thing.
I think that my sole purpose in wanting the church to be influential, is I believe in the message and I believe in the church. And you sit back and you watch a church in a country just declining, and if we do nothing, I mean it’ll eventually decline into oblivion. And I just believe that we do have answers and that we can help people, and I want to make sure that the church is strong and positioned to do exactly what it’s called to do.

Where do you want to be? What kind of goals have you set or should you set?
At my immediate position, I want to see our paper running 24 pages a week (or 12 pages twice a week). With full color ads on the front and back page. I want to see quality customer service. On time billing and collections. A paper that people are proud to call their own.
How about you?

No comments: