Sunday, August 21, 2005

Dancing till the break of dawn

So I just returned from the UMHB Welcome Week Dance. It was a lot of fun. I would estimate there were nearly 600 people at the dance, which is a lot for UMHB. I was there DJing and got in a dance with Kelly "belly" Mitchell, my good friend Bobby's fiance'. Good thing he lives and works in Oklahoma.
Some were calling it the best dance they remember at UMHB. I doubt that, but I'll take the compliment. I haven't DJ'ed there since 2003 (when I graduated) so I don't have any idea what the dances have been like since then. And I also never went to a dance there unless I was DJing. So - we'll have to check the blogosphere tomorrow and see what the word is on the net.
I also just found out that the light board on my rear left hand side is out. I replaced the right one a while back. I've had the break light out for a while now and finally stopped on the way home to buy a new bulb - which by the way, the Wal-Mart bulb selector for a 98 Chevy truck is wrong. And when I came home I took the cover off, only to discover that all three bulbs were fine - so looks like I have to replace another board. Whew - another $40 down the tube.
I need to find a job and house where I don't have to own a vehicle, don't have to pay electric bills or water bills or cell-phone bills.
Sounds like either the mission field or bumming off my parents.
I'll go with the first - but avoid the second.
Well, time to shower and hit the hay. I've got a long week ahead of me.
Oh one more thing - I got reamed at 8 a.m. this morning by my boss because he "just found out" something I told him the first of August.
Oh well - made church that much more enjoyable once I got there.

[]Deace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Blundy. Sorry I never got back to you. Cingular shut my account off Friday night so I gots no Celly.