Friday, November 24, 2006

Not much happening today

I head into work in a few minutes, but otherwise nothing major happening today.
We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday at my parents and then with Laurie's family in the afternoon and evening.
I think the highlight of the evening revolved around my mom taking the smallest sip ever of my glass of wine and then dropping her coffee on the floor as she recoiled from the "horrible taste."
Then a short time later we watched my granddad enjoy a glass of that same wine - the same man we never imagined would drink a glass of wine.
My mom does not like wine. Guess that will never change. And sometimes your family can surprise you no matter how well you think you know them.
I also had a great time getting to know more members of Laurie's family and giving her nephew Jake a hard time.
He's going to be a fun addition to my new extended family - whether he likes it or not.
Well I better head in to the office but if you're skipping out on the stores and looking for gifts online here are some great deals from Apple today (available exclusively online:
  • iMac - Save $101.00 on the ultimate all-in-one desktop. Starting at $999.00.
  • MacBook - Save $101.00 on the superfast, do-everything notebook. Starting at $1,099.00.
  • iPod nano - Save up to $21 plus free laser engraving. Starting at $149.00.
  • iPod 30GB and 80GB - Save up to $31 plus free laser engraving. Starting at $249.00.
  • iPod Hi-Fi. Save $51.00.
  • Apple wireless Mighty Mouse. Save $11.00.
    Click the link below for these and other savings:
    Apple Store
  • No comments: