Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A long day

It's been a long day for sure. I got to work today to discover my computer didn't like me any more and wouldn't start.
Fun times. After an hour or so of diagnosing it was determined that the hard drive was toast.
Yeah. Enjoyable.
So I've spent most of the day - and $100 - getting a new drive, installing it and trying to get my system back to normal.
Granted - I've lost most of my data files. Hopefully a friend can get the data off the old drive before I really start crying.
I've also had to revert back to an older version of Office so I decided to tryout Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox in the interim for e-mail and web browsing.
So far, not to bad. Thunderbird is not near as heavy on the system as Outlook but I've also grown accustom to Outlook's look, feel and features. We'll see how it goes.
Also, if you don't use or have a Plaxo account and have it integrated with your e-mail client.. do it now.
Plaxo saved me by backing up all my e-mail addresses. I simply reinstalled the Plaxo software and everything was restored. Amazing.
Well I'm worn out so I've got a couple posts and then I'm off to bed.
BTW - check out Laurie's latest posts for some helpful tidbits and an entry on masquerade masks.

No comments: