Sunday, October 09, 2005

Some things to make the world better

I've been thinking lately of some things that I know would make the world better... maybe someone can help me on these.

A work around pre-pay gas pumps - 99.9% of the time I use my debit card to pay for my gas. Sometimes I want a certain amount, other times I want to pre-pay. But along with gas I occasionally like to go inside and get a drink or a snack. But I don't want to have to pay at the pump and then walk in and do another transaction. I've tried going in, getting my goodies and paying for it all together, but some stations won't let me do that. I have to go pay for the gas, then come back in and do another transaction. What's really annoying is when I have cash, I want a fill-up and I have to pre-pay. I have to walk in, pay my cash, then go pump - and then go back inside to collect my change. There's got to be an easier way. It would be nice if someone could set up a store database at the pump. You slide your card, tell the pump how much gas you want (if necessary) then select your items from an on screen menu. When you finish pumping your gas, you simply walk to the counter inside and it's all ready for you. Now that would be service.

A way to find plants visually online - I read someone else talking about this for something he was looking for. What if I could just type in, "It looks like a giant feather duster" and get the million matches for things that look like a giant feather duster. There are several times I want to find something and I have no clue what it's called, but I know what it looks like and can't find it because there's no good visual search.

Well... that's about all I have now. Oh, except maybe an alarm that actually wakes me up and gets me out of bed. I think I'm sleeping too soundly now. Before I had trouble waking up throughout the night, and now I sleep so soundly that my alarm takes forever to actually wake me up.

What things would you make to make the world a better place?

No comments: