Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mac OS 9 System Restore

Ok. This is the dumbest thing ever.
All my Mac system restore disks say which OS they install.
But not Beth's.
The restore disk that came with Beth's only says it installs OSX.
So I've been looking forever for the other disk that installs OS9.
Finally I gave up and decided to go with the upgrade and install OSX.
After installing the OS, I looked on the disk and there was the software to install OS9.
So low and behold. There it was. I never found anything pointing me that way on Apple's site, or anywhere else on the Internet.
So I installed the software and now I just have to reinstall all the third-party software.
How annoying.
Belive me, there's a big sharpie label on the disk now that says everything that's on the disk, not just OSX.

No comments: