Saturday, October 22, 2005

macs suck the big one

So I'm still working on this reinstall... because after I initialized the drive to get all the junk off - I discover someone didn't save their restore disks. And apparently Mac G4s can only be restored by the specific disks that came with their computer. I have two sets of G4 software restore disks, but apparently neither came with this system. So I can either A. Say its not my problem and leave. B. Install OS X and inDesign since Quark won't work with OS 9 and then have Beth upset because her computer's not the same. or C. Spend all day tomorrow and maybe Monday trying to get the correct software restore disk - and still have more people mad at me.
Sounds like a no-win situation. Why am I doing this again?
My next job - I don't know anything about computers. I never will again. If you can't afford IT help, then the computers won't be fixed, because I'm not volunteering any information that I know anything about computers.

No comments: