Saturday, October 29, 2005

Slightly different than planned

So - my house sold.
In like an hour.
Anyone think God wants me to stay in Belton?
It was crazy. My realtor came around 10 a.m. yesterday to put a sign in the yard.
By 11ish, another realtor in her office brought someone by and he decided he wanted to buy.
By 5:30 I had an offer and I made a counter offer.
He accepted and he'll sign the contract on Monday. Wow.
We close on Nov. 29.
So my plans to spend the day cleaning and fixing things around the house seemed a little unnecessary.
I planned on mowing and giving the house a real-deep clean today but I don't guess he's concerned with that.
I still have a board I need to replace before an inspector comes, but otherwise I don't guess there's any reason to try and do anything to my house for it to sell.
--
So I woke up around 10 a.m. this morning. Took a shower, got dressed. Watched U2 in Boston - twice. And then I slept from 2 till 5:30.
It's funny how Saturdays and Sundays my body just says, "Sleep."
Whether it's sleeping really late or waking up, doing something and then sleeping later in the day, my body says, "Sleeeeeeep."
--
U2 will go on stage in the next 3 or 4 hours in Dallas.
I'm really bumbed I won't be there. But oh well.
Aaron's planning a U2 concert at his house when the new DVD comes out. And I'll be in Dallas by that time so I should have no problem making it.
Until then I have Rattle and Hum, U2 live in Boston, U2 Live in Dublin and countless CD's and music videos to give me my fix.
--
UMHB won today against ETBU. 23 to 7. They're not kicking tail like they did last year. The offense isn't racking up as many points.
I remember three or four years back someone (who thinks they make black and white lights - funny story) said UMHB should move to Div. II or I because they were so good.
I told him that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And still think it's pretty dumb. But oh well - I digress.
--
Well that's my day - thus far. Now I need to find something to do tonight. I can still make it to the U2 concert if anyone has an extra ticket. Anyone?
Ok. I guess it will be me, my dogs and my dvd's. Maybe I'll watch the West Wing to take my mind off missing the U2 concert.

[]Deace.

No comments: