Thursday, September 14, 2006

Softball update

Well for those of you wondering, the Broken Lizards (yes that's our name) won our first game of the season last night 18-4.
We played against the James Hardie crew and I think they may have had more fun than we did thanks to a pre-game "celebration."
I believe we had three in the park home runs, a steal from third to home (while I was at bat) and numerous doubles and tripples.
I personally went 2 for 4 with a double and a single.
I fouled out on my second at bat and popped up past 2nd on my third at bat.
With the clock at zero and our team having two outs, I made a great slide at home, only to have the umpire call it out so he could let the home team bat and end the game.
My raw leg thanks him for the call today (hint of sarcasm there).
Our next game will be next Wednesday agains the Dirty Dogs at 9 p.m.
Then I get a few weeks off as I head to Nigeria.
My first game back will be on the 18th, when we face James Hardie again at 7 p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your "Broken Lizards" might be distant cousins of my "fighting Horned Frogs"! Their real name is Horned Lizards, but I guess in the 1800's Horned Frogs sounded better.
Congrats on your win--if you don't win the first one, you can't win 'em all! --MT