Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Your inspiration

Blank has written a posting that takes a look at the books and magazines that inspire us.
As we explore the heart and soul of design, I thought it would be helpful for everyone to take a peak at your library, your coffee table and what's in your bathroom near the toilet. What I'd like to know is what books have/are giving you a glimpse into the heart and soul of design and why. Break them down into three categories:
~ In your library (books read in the past year)
~ Near the toilet (books you are currently reading)
~ On your coffee table (books you will be reading soon but have not started)

So I figured I'd list my books/magazines and then let each of you list your own in the comment section.
Library - The Hiding Place, The Chronicles of Narnia, A Grief Observed
Near the toilet - Jesus CEO: I've been working on this one for quite sometime. I read several sections, get inspired and then set it down for awhile.
The Coffee House Gospel: I've just started this one and haven't made a whole lot of progress mainly due to the other reading near my toilet.
Relevant Magazine (May - June): A constant companion in my "office." A great article this month on Moby and his faith.
Texas Monthly (May): Another constant companion in my "office." A great article this month on Kelly Clarkston.
On the coffee table - I don't really have a coffee table, but most of my mail and magazines end up on my table until their moved to "the office." Right now I have a recent copy of American Photographer and a number of bills on the table.

No comments: