Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Mission Request

Since today is Slam day at the paper - and I haven't had a chance to do much reading or blogging today, I thought I'd share the following e-mail with everyone.

May 31, 2005
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
When our pastor and his family returned last summer from a mission trip to Siberia, my heart was deeply moved by their stories of the many Russians who came to know Christ as a result of their ministry. I felt God speaking to my heart about missions, but I said nothing. Instead, I prayed that if He wanted me to serve, I would receive a personal invitation from the mission team leadership about future trips.
Imagine my excitement when Brother Mike Harkrider asked if I would pray about traveling to Russia this summer! My husband David and I both felt God calling me to Siberia to teach the children of Dalmotovo about Jesus. There are 14 members of Immanuel Baptist Church in Temple who plan on going to Russia June 29 – July 13.
Will you spend a few minutes praying for our trip? Ask God to lead us, and pray that we would be willing to follow. Ask Him to protect us and to help us with the logistics of such a huge undertaking. Pray for the hearts of those we will meet and minister to, and ask God to soften and prepare them to hear His Word. Finally, ask God to provide for our financial needs. Funds are unexpectedly slow in arriving, but we know God is faithful.
Thank you for your love and your prayers. I will report back to you on how our prayers have been answered. God is good! I’m excited about what He will do.
His,
Pat Rutland
Immanuel Baptist Church
1401 West Central
Temple, Texas 76504
254 773-2147

My sister Kara, my "Adopt-a-Sister" Kathryn Shindoll, her father Ron Shindoll, and my best friend Matt Lehmann are all going on mission trips this summer and I would ask for you to support each of them in prayer and financially if possible too. Kara will be going to China and the rest will be going to Russia. If you're interested in supporting any of them financially, please let me know and I'll be sure you know where to send the donation.
God bless.

No comments: