Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pastoral Director of Design and Marketing

Is it just me, or is this my dream job. Oh how I would love to work full time doing marketing for the church.
What would that entail? Would marketing the church be simply telling the Gospel 24/7? While I think that's a big part of it, I think it has more to do with marketing what makes the church a church. Also, it has to do a better job at telling the greatest message ever to people who aren't going to step inside a church normally.
I think we need to find relevant ways to tell the Gospel to the world. We must be certain we don't change the message or the Gospel, but sometimes it can be packaged differently.
Take for instance, one of my other passions, the CWF. How is it that a bunch of guys who love wrestling have found a way to package the Gospel with it?
It's amazing to see how people respond to it -- and more importantly to God.
We must find ways to reach every corner of the world with our message and I would love to be on the front lines.

No comments: