Monday, May 16, 2005

Happy Crappy Birthday

I'd be amiss if I didn't wish Kathryn a Happy Crappy Birthday. Granted, I'm sure no one really knows what that means, but that's OK. Kathryn does and that's all that matters.
This weekend was amazing.
I feel like I've been out of the loop all weekend. I don't believe I checked my e-mail or the news or my regular blogs all weekend, but somehow I survived.
Saturday night the CWF had our "first show back" in Rockwall. It was amazing to be a part of, even if it was nothing more than the ring announcer.
I believe we counted approximately 250 people in attendance. We only had seats for 75.
And while everyone wants to critique their match and find the flaws, I really don't care. I enjoyed five great matches, including a great Battle Royal and God used each person there.
15 people made decisions Saturday night, so no matter how many screwups anyone had, it goes to prove that when God is ready to work, it doesn't matter how good we are or how bad we are - He'll work.
So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty--handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them. - Isaiah 55:11

For those of you keeping track, here's a rundown of Saturday's card:
The matches were for control of the CWF for the next three months.
Seven def. Michael Malick
Son of Thunder James Zebedee and The Zealot def. "Jesus Freak" Rob Vaughn with Tim Storm (DQ)
Jonah def. Phil "The Bishop" Barron
Shiloh def. Chris Idol
Battle Royal (last man standing) Winner: "Jesus Freak" Rob Vaughn
The New Blood won control of the CWF after the 2-2 tie and the win by Jesus Freak in the Battle Royal.


--
In the news:
Adding to his donation of $200 million in 2003, Bill Gates announced a pledge of $250 million toward the race to solve the world`s most pressing health problems through science and technology. The award will aid researchers as they tackle 14 specific public-health challenges in developing countries—ranging from the development of vaccines that need no refrigeration to creating a single staple crop to help alleviate malnutrition.
Here's to putting your money where your mouth is.

No comments: