Thursday, May 05, 2005

AIM Flakes Out Again

So I came into work today and went though my normal routine. Checked the local papers for any stories of interest, checked my inbox, turned on my computer, logged on to AOL IM, opened my e-mail and then noticed a friend was online.
I sent her a message and then bam. AOL punts me off and won't let me back online. Apparently my account was suspended for some reason. I can't even find a real person to talk to or give me an answer as to why.
I feel so lost knowing that my friends might be waiting online now and I can't talk to them.
So, with my AIM down, I have to waste time and try and find a screen name I like. Something that suits me and something that's hopefully temporary.
And I don't mean to put myself over, but I had a really long buddy list that's now just floating in cyberspace somewhere with my suspended account.
I'm getting a little upset.
But why the heck is that? Why is staying in touch with people through a cell phone, AIM or e-mail so important to me?
Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Now I really like all my friends and family, but there's not many great and unsearchable things they can tell me.
Sure, they can tell me news that's going on in their world. But is that really great and unsearchable.
Yet, I'm misserable when I can't keep in constant contact with people and have them available at the click of a mouse or the push of a call button.
I have a direct line to God and I'm worried because I have to change screen names on AIM? Sounds like my priorities might be a little off.
I guess I can be thankful that God doesn't suspend our accounts like AOL.
I'd have to change screen names every day if that was the case.
The annoyance of man becomes and example for God's grace. How wonderful He is.
So for those of you who don't hear from me on AIM for awhile, you know.
Drop me an e-mail and maybe I'll send you my new screen name.

No comments: