Friday, May 13, 2005

And the show goes on

Saturday is the big day. At 7 p.m. your fearless editor will make his triumphant wrestling debut as Dr. Blundell.
Well OK, maybe I should clarify. When I say my wrestling debut, I’m not really talking about ME wrestling.
It’s more like, I come in, tell people who the wrestlers are and get the fans worked up into a frenzy. I might even get to step into the ring once or twice.
Either way, I’m fired up. I’m almost as fired up as I was after taking my first body slam during workout last week.
And to be honest, I’m not so sure that I was fired up because I was thrown to the mat -- or just fired up that one of my friends actually had the strength to lift my fat butt off the mat to begin with.
Way to go Storm.
So Saturday I’ll join a bunch of green wrestlers in the ring to show of our skills (cause girls like guys with skills) or the lack there of. But, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my short life, no matter what happens, the show must go on.
You’ve got to keep pushing ahead, even if your opponent literally knocks your head off or rolls over you and busts your mouth open.
You can’t get distracted by the rude kid in the third row who thinks your tights are sissy looking.
You can’t get down because your company truck breaks down at the intersection of I-35 and New Road -- at 2:30 in the morning.
Oh wait - that’s a whole ‘nother story. Flip over to B2, maybe Allman will tell you about that, but that’s up to him.
You have to keep going when everything around you is crashing down.
Scripture says that when the spotlight was turned on Jesus, He was ready to stop everything. He anguished so much in the garden that drops of blood poured from his pores. That’s not normal. That’s extreme anguish. He cried out, “Father if it’s possible, take this cup from me.”
But then He remembered, the show must go on. “I have a job to accomplish here and a silly cross is not gonna keep me from finishing my job.”
He then prays, “Lord not your will but mine be done.”
The show must go on.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” - Ephesians 6:12

editor@beltonjournal.com
Oh and I ain’t dropping the belt. That thing’s 14 karat. I’m the champ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time tonight! :-D