Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Saint John's Bible

So I was doing a bit of web surfing before I went night, night tonight and I came across this site, The Saint Johns Bible.
I haven't had much time to look at it and seeing that my laptop battery is getting low -- and it is 4 in the morning. I probably won't look at it much more tonight.
But it looks very interesting. According to the site:
At the dawn of the 21st century, Saint John's Abbey and University seek to ignite the spiritual imagination of believers throughout the world by commissioning a work of art that illuminates the Word of God for a new millennium.

Apparently they are writing the entire Bible in calligraphy with ink and quill. Some of the artwork looks amazing.
I'll be excited to stay on top of this and see the progress they make.

No comments: