Thursday, August 10, 2006

Susan Combs interview

I just finished an interview with state comptroller candidate and current Ag Commissioner Susan Combs. I like her. She's smart, sounds like she knows what's going on -- and I agree with (what I feel is) her belief in the role of the state comptroller.
The comptroller shouldn't set the state's budget rules and legislation, but give the executive and legislative branch the most complete and accurate information possible.
I'm afraid Strayhorn hasn't done that.
Strayhorn is too interested in setting policy and deciding how the state should run the budget, rather than getting complete acurate information to the people who were elected to make those decisions.
And about that "steamy romance book..." she said it was just genre fiction that she had an opportunity to write and joked that she was dissapointed now that her current opponent has brought it up and its getting tons of free publicity, the publisher has closed and she's not getting a dime from new books sales.
The book was written in 1987 and was brought up in her 92 and 97 elections and no one cared and I think she's surprised its in any way an issue now.

1 comment:

Rick Reynolds said...

Some commentary offered? Not like you J, but I love it! Come on wit it my brother! LOL