Friday, August 11, 2006

Life and Death

I don't usually read the obits in the paper, other than to proof them. And I don't usually read them in other papers, but for some reason this one jumped out at me.
DARNELL, SAMANTHA M., 26, who was the light of her Dad's life and the heartbeat of her Mom's soul, died May 23rd due to complications with the demons of prescription drug abuse, and the associated problems that went with it. After years of valiantly attempting to beat this disease, the battle was finally lost. She lit up a room when she entered and gained many friendships in her short time here. Finally released from the vises (sic) that tormented her so on this Earth, I can only imagine that she has joined her beloved grandmother, Mary Darnell, in an environment where she is free and happy, at last. She is survived by her Dad, Sam, and his wife, Terrianne. Memorials may be made to Nexus Recovery Center, 8733 LaPrada Dr., Dallas, TX. 75228, 214.321.0156.
I feel for her family. Maybe because she was so close in age to Amy - I don't know. But it also unusual to see a family just lay it out there like that. I'm sure she was greatly loved and is now greatly missed.
"Naked I came from my mother's womb, naked I shall return. For the Lord gives and takes away. Blessed be His name."

No comments: