Thursday, March 23, 2006

New Categories

Some of you may have noticed, new categories under each posting and on the right hand side of the page.
Lablr is still in Beta, but so far is a super cool tool that lets you add categories to Blogger blogs.
Now some of you are saying, "Big Deal. Just switch to Wordpress or Typepad and you can already do that."
Yeah, you're right, but I've tried both of them and don't really like them.
I like Blogger and have no intention of changing. And with Lablr I can have my cake and eat it too.
Blogger is my favorite blogging application, partly because of their good looking templates, partly because they are free, partly because their rich text editor is very well done. Another reason we might be stuck with blogger is the fact that they came early in the blogging scene with their free hosting service, and since now we are using them, all our data is stuck with them, as well as our blogger blog might be popular, reader following already reading it, having earned good rankings in search engine indexes, having got linked by all over the blog. Or may be we just love Google!
Another advantage to Lablr is that each category gets its own RSS feed. So if you're only interested in reading my posts about U2 you can subscribe to the Zoo TV feed, or if you want to only read about art, you can subscribe to the Every Artist is a Pest feed.
I've been adding my old posts to categories as I can, but it may be a while before I get them all done. So please be patient if you're not seeing a lot of posts in certain categories... its coming.

No comments: