Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Update on Phil's sister

I believe Blogger is down, or my Internet connection is not working well this evening. I’ve been out all day workig at the Special Olympics, but Phil gave me an update on his sister earlier today.
For those of you who don’t know, Phil’s sister was involved in a car accident Sunday and was unconscious for a while.
She checked out OK at the hospital Sunday, but went into massive seizures yesterday afternoon.
They feared brain hemorrhaging, but they’ve ruled that out now.
Here’s the update from Phil:
First let me say that I am overwlemed at the number of people praying for Dayna....Words can not express what that means to me and what it is doing for my sister! So thanks SO much to each of you for your love and prayers!
Alright, so the GOOD news is....and I do mean GOOD!!! There is no internal bleeding in her brain and there is no brain hemraging, which is unbelievable since the original speculation was almost certain that is what it was happening! She has been in the hospital since 12 noon yesterday and has not yet awoken from her sleep/dream state...The doctors have not been able to say for sure what is going on, and they are waiting to perform some more extensive tests on her brain! All of her vitals appear to be normal and she is breathing on her own, so she is not in a coma!
However, last night she developed a fever and the doctors have been running tests as think she might possibly have some form of meningitis....
I guess at this point there are just a lot of unanswered questions, and nobody seems to know for sure what is wrong with her! I would ask that you pray for the medical staff as we have had some difficulties getting them to give her the proper treatment and care that she needs!
Things are definetly looking better at this point, but we must never stop praying! Thanks again for your love and support, I am truly amazed and blessed by each of you!

MUCH LOVE

PHIL

I will continue to send more updates as I find out more!
--
Please join everyone in praying for Dayna and her quick recovery.

No comments: