Thursday, April 27, 2006

On the job mistakes

I just got caught up on my Must See TV for the week. It was late and I should have been sleeping, but I needed to unwind. I watched tonights Daily Show, along with tuesday's Scrubs and Teachers. I noticed a recurring theme in each of the shows. People make mistakes. Sometimes its a misscommunication Sometimes its a matter of poor judgement. And sometimes its a matter of life or death.
Today I got free tickets to the Rangers game. Luckily I got to take the afternoon off and enjoy Americas past time with some friends. Unfortunately it was last minute and with the cool weather I didn't think to wear sunscreen Now my arms are paying for my mistake.
The point is, theres always a payment or consequence for mistakes.
It might mean you have to run a correction in the paper. You might have to suffer through a sunburn. Or you might have to swallow your pride and admit you were wrong.
Even in the grand scheme of life theres a punishment for our mistakes or sins.
For the wages of sin is death. - romans 5:8
That sucks. The ultimate punishment.
Even in the Jewish (and others) faith there was/is a punishment for sin. But thank goodness for grace and the rest of the verse.
... But the gift of God is eternal life.
I'm so glad its a gift and not something I have to earn. Because watching those shows tonight and thinking about my own life, I'm quite certain no one would ever be good enough to earn something like eternal life from a perfect God, who demands perfection.
Oh and theres one more part to the verse.
...through Jesus Christ our Lord.
That's the only way you can get the gift. Jesus is the only one who can give it to you. And He wants to. He's offering it to you right now. All you have to do is accept.
''grace. Its a name for a girl. Its also a thought that changed the world''

www.needhim.com

1 comment:

Mkellynotes said...

Thanks for this relevant post.

As the saying goes, I have eaten crow so much over my lifetime it has become an acquired taste.

I had one this week. Just an honest business faux pax, but I'm having to face it head on.