Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Trans Texas Corridor announcment today

From Dallasblog.com
Today we find out what land the Texas Department of Transportation has its eyes on for the proposed $184 billion Trans-Texas Corridor. Officials will be releasing the study area, plus a 4,000-page environmental impact statement, at a press conference at D/FW International Airport today.
TXDOT will identify a ten-mile-wide area, which will be the focus of additional studies, to determine the final route for roads, rail and utilities in the corridor. The principal study area is mainly along Interstate 35 from the Mexican border through Central Texas to the Oklahoma border, but alternative routes are also being considered that would shift the superhighway into East Texas.
I'm guessing the route will be somewhere between I-35 and I-45 and will go right through Ellis County. I'll post more as I find out.

No comments: