Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Still haven't found what I'm looking for

Brian Bailey has a great post on Google guilt.
What is Google guilt?
def. A sense of remorse for bringing people to your blog or website through search engines under false pretenses.
So what does that mean?
Brian explains that as he tracks his blog's visitors he realizes people probably leave his site saying, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for."
Through using common phrases in his titles, he realizes many "can't always get what you want."
First, I like to use common phrases to title my posts, or at least I did the first 12-18 months of this blog. I think the technical word for this may be pun. Here's a sampling...
I wanna be just like you
My post is the first result on Google, above the actual song on Amazon. The subject is A-List bloggers.
More love, more power
A song title that seemed like a brilliant phrase for a post about power outages.
Face it girls, I'm older and have more insurance
Not the title, but still the first result on Google if you're looking for the line from Fried Green Tomatoes. The subject of the post? The 2004 Republican Convention.
I'd love to just post the whole entry here, but then U2 wouldn't be able to read it from Brian himself.

No comments: