Wednesday, November 02, 2005

waiting for the paint to dry

yup. It's more than just an expression tonight.
Although I'm actually waiting for the silicone to dry more than the paint.
I think the paint's finished drying, but I just replaced a molding around my back door and I covered the nails (and a few hammer misses) with silicone and I'm waiting for it to dry before I put a 2nd coat of paint on it.
And for the record - I hate Lowes. It took me an hour to get the boards I needed, paint and materials.
And most of that time was spent looking for the board (because no one would point me in the right direction) and then waiting in line, because there was only one register open. And then once I was getting rung up, the board i needed was missing a bar code. So I had to wait 5 minutes for someone in lumber to get a barcode number.
Then the number they gave the cashier was for something twice the price the board should have been.
So I said, "Forget it. I'll go get another board."
I went back to the back of the store, picked out a board, made my way back to the front and had to wait in line again before I could get rung up. My goodness.
And needless to say, there were three employees just standing around the front of the store talking to each other, not doing a thing during this entire process.
If you're gonna take a break - PLEASE do it somewhere where customers can't see you.
Don't piss them off more by standing around looking like you could help them but deciding not to.
ANYWAYS, the board is nailed up, the holes and cracks are filled and now I just have to wait for the silicone to try so I can put on a second layer of paint.
I wonder if I should sand it a bit first?
Hmmm. Maybe. If I can find some sandpaper in my house somewhere.
Alright, 20 minutes to go.
[]Deace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want help at Lowes or Home Depot you need a tight shirt and some cleavage.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a problem getting help at Lowes or Home Depot, usually they are asking me before I can ask them. This could be the reason why ... thanks for the insight. ;)