Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Interesting week

Well, it's Wednesday night and rather than just wrapping up one paper today, I've been a part of three papers getting wrapped up this week.
Moving to a daily is definitly different.
And moving from editor to reporter is definitly different as well.
I have moments where I'm just sitting and waiting for phone calls and want to surf the net, but then I remember how dadgum slow my computer is and how upset I would get when my reporters would just sit around and surf the web.
I don't blame them (now for sure). Sometimes there's just down time.
It's weird. I've never been just a reporter except for a brief stint at Eastfield Community College.
That lasted for one semester and I think I may have written four stories.
So this is a whole new world for me.
I need to get out and meet more people so I can have more things to write about on my own.
I need to find more of my own assignments. So far I have one, which I started on on Monday - but my interview isn't until tomorrow.
I want to get out and start working different beats, but I'm cautious that I don't step on anyones toes.
And just an FYI, the paper is still looking for one staff reporter.
If you're interested, give me a shout and I'll see if I can help ya out.

No comments: