Friday, July 15, 2005

Newspaper websites

Well, we've had someone trying to sell ads for our online presence in Belton for oh - 6 months or so. Never had any sold. Now that I've moved to Heights they sold one - and I was just informed I'm supposed to update the Belton website as well as start a new Harker Heights website - or train someone else to do it.
Now, the training would be a headache - especially since The Belton Journal is done in Dreamweaver.
And - I own Dreamweaver. I'm not using company software to build and update the site - I just do it from my own personal laptop. I want to get away from that because of the time invovled and the cost of buying software for the Mac computers in both of our offices.
I've thought about using WordPress or another blogging software, so that anyone (on staff) can update the site with news stories from anywhere.
I'm thinking I mainly just need a blog software with categories to organize the various columnists, sports, news, etc.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this?
I really like Blogger, but there are no categories - so it seems like it would be hard to use as a newspaper website.

No comments: