Sunday, July 17, 2005

Lazy Sunday afternoon

Well, today has been an odd day in a few ways - but very enjoyable.
I'm sure its the new work schedule and the fact that I have to BE at work every day by 9, but I feel like I've been going to bed earlier each night, which is changing my weekend sleep schedule too.
I was up and working by 10 a.m. Saturday, which may seem late to some, but Saturdays are my normal sleep till 1 or 2 days.
So after getting up early and staying busy all day, I was pretty beat by the time I got home from watching The Wedding Crashers last night.
Matt, Erin and I went to to 10:30 show in Killeen. We had a good time, but I was about to fall over asleep when we got home around 1 a.m.
I tell you all that to setup my odd day today.
I woke up at 9:30 a.m. and lounged around while waiting for my jeans to dry in the dryer. It takes forever since I don't actually have a heating element that works. I think I've gone through four dryers since I graduated college in 2003.
So I waited and waited for my dryer to finish. And around 10:20 I finally pulled my jeans out (still damp) to finish getting ready.
Since I resigned from my position as Singles Intern at Immanuel Baptist in early June, I've been meaning to take the time off to visit other churches in the area. I had originally planned to visit Taylors Valley this morning, but I was told that Immanuels Associate Pastor was preaching this morning, so I planned my morning around going to IBC at 10:45.
But somewhere between pulling my pants out of the dryer, getting dressed, feeding the dogs and getting in my truck, 15 minutes had passed, so I knew I'd be late. I hate being late.
So I decided to drive by Taylors Valley and see what time their service started instead.
Out front was a nice sign that said Taylor's Valley but no times for their services.
I drove by four other churches and none had a service time posted. What gives?
Is it a secret that the general public can't know? Now several of these churches proudly told me who their pastor was and their website address.
But what good does that do me if I'm driving by looking for a church to attend on Sunday morning?
Needless to say, I didn't make it to church this morn. And while I'd like to gripe about the churches not having times posted on their signs - we have no times posted on our office either.
About that time, it started raining so I really lost my desire to get out and go to church somewhere.
So I set my MP3 player on a reading from 1 Corinthians and decided to drive to Salado to check on one of my newspaper racks.
While there I picked up a copy of the Dallas Morning News and made my way home.
Ariving at home around noon I ate a quick bite of food and sat down with the Morning News in my reading chair.
Yes - I have a reading chair. Now normally it becomes a catch all for clothes and other things - but its there, in my bedroom next to my lamp.
I am constantly impressed with the Morning News and their layout and editorial content. So impressed, I finally decided to apply for several jobs I saw posted in their Jobs section.
After cutting out a number of ideas for our paper, I decided to spend the rest of the afternoon getting a head start on the week. So I took the super scenic route to work and hear I am.
Typing Obits from this weekend and organzing things for the next week.
And at somepoint I'll probably head home to finish cleaning my house.
Well, that's about it. I'm sure no one but my mom is reading this anymore, but hope you've all had a great weekend.
Let me know what you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm certainly not your mom and I read it. :-) Have a great week my friend.