Sunday, July 10, 2005

Amy's Marker

I know this may be a bit morbid - I'm not normally one who takes pictures in cemetaries or funerals, but I decided to take a picture with my camera phone of my sister's marker today.
They just installed the new permanent maker on her resting place. And while it may seem morbid too some - It's an amazing blessing and comfort to know that she's no longer sleeping but Alive in Jesus' love.
The marker seems a little discolored - but that's because my dad had a little to much fun watering the site today and washing the marker off.
It has a rose on either side, Blundell written on the top, Amy Elizabeth on the upper left with her life's markers (Dec. 22, 1980 - March 21, 2005), a cross in the middle and Psalm 139 on the bottom.
I was so honored and privaledged to design the marker. My parents decided to get a slightly bigger one and added the two other spaces for names at a later date, but I think it turned out really good and I'm sure it's something Amy would have liked.

We love you and miss you so much Amy. See you soon.

Amys marker


Amy 2

No comments: