Thursday, May 11, 2006

Re: Rupert and Clinton

Thanks to an observant reader*:
Fox News' Neil Cavuto has an interview with Murdoch online.
Here's the clip about Rupert and Clinton:
CAVUTO: There's a fear that Republicans are going to lose the game in November, that they're going to lose the House, as a distinct possibility, maybe even the Senate, in a rout. Do you see that?
MURDOCH: I think it's possible. I think the chances are, they will get their act together.
It's ridiculous. Consumer confidence is high. There's no real unemployment. The economy is booming. And, usually, people will vote according to the hip pocket nerve. And, on that basis, they would be increasing. But, somehow...
CAVUTO: Why aren't they doing that?
MURDOCH: Somehow, the White House is not getting it across to the people that they're responsible with their economic policies.
And it's amazing how well we're absorbing the price of oil, which I think speaks tremendously for the efficiency, increasing efficiency, of American industry.
CAVUTO: I would be remiss if, while you were still here, I didn't bring up Hillary Clinton. Everyone is talking about this fund-raiser you're doing for her.
(LAUGHTER)
CAVUTO: What is going on with that?
MURDOCH: It's going to be a very small fund-raiser, people in this building. I hope you will come.
And I think she's been a good senator. And you know, we don't agree on a lot of things, of course. But she's going to get reelected here. There's no opposition. There's no Republican Party in New York state any longer, it would seem.
And I think, you know, she's doing very well for us and for — I'm talking, parochially, for New York state.
CAVUTO: How about as president? Would she make a good president?
MURDOCH: Well, that's a different question. I don't even know that she's going to run.
*(I wonder what name I should give my readers. Front Burner says, Front Burnians or members of the FB Nation. Strangers might be a little unwelcoming. Any ideas?)

No comments: