Wednesday, May 17, 2006

From Ted Kennedy

I sent a quick e-mail to the congressmen who voted against the fence along the border and actually have gotten several responses so far. Maybe it's because of who it is, but I thought it was cool that I got an (automated) e-mail from Sen. Kennedy, D-Mass.
Thank you for your message. Hearing your views is important to me, because it allows me to better understand the constituents that I serve in the United States Senate. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail.
As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues – this is particularly true of e-mails. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.
Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://kennedy.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.
Warmest regards
Ted Kennedy
Doubt I'll see anything else, but you never know.

No comments: