Friday, February 10, 2006

Mere Christianity

I started reading Mere Christianity again last night.
In just two chapters I'm again amazed at Lewis' reasoning and thoughts.
I led a study on it several years back and really enjoyed it.
Some of the ideas/thoughts brought up in the first two chapters include morality and a natural moral law.
How do we know there's a natural moral law? Who sets the standard? Is there a moral law? Are we born with it or do we just learn it? What do yall think?
I remember a guest we had on Lighthouse21 one night who believed there was no moral absolute. In fact he argued that there were no absolutes. We asked him if he absolutely believed that. Sure enough - he said "yes." Hmmmm.

Click here for a study guide. I haven't read it or used it, but I found it today while surfing.

1 comment:

Mkellynotes said...

The moral choices that people make often have real conseqences, some aren't all that pleasent.