Thursday, February 09, 2006

John 1

I was reading this morning in John and came across John 1:14.
"The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood.
We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish." - the message
"Now the Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We saw his glory – the glory of the one and only, full of grace and truth, who came from the Father." - new english translation

I was taken back by "took up residence among us."
I'm not sure what it was about that phrase, but it stood out.
Jesus came and lived in our neighborhood. I wonder if I would have gotten to know Him if He lived next door. Would He have come to my house to introduce Himself or wait for me to come to Him?
The notes in the NET point out that Jesus was God's Shakana Glory in the flesh.
He was God, living on the earth and taking up residence with us.
Now He stands at the door and knocks. Will you let Him in?

No comments: