Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Busy day

It's been a busy day - well busy afternoon.
I had a photo opp right after lunch and then got word of a Fire south of Lake Waxahachie.
So now I smell like a chimney... mmmm.
I've also been scrambling on a possible news exclusive, which may or may not be a big story.
And I've talked with Congressman Barton on a new national health information network.
All in all, the kind of day I like. If only it could have lasted all day instead of the last few hours.
For those of you wondering, things are going well on my very un-scientific sleep study. Over the last week I've worked to go to bed as soon as I feel myself drifting off to sleep. My goal is to be asleep within 5-10 minutes of getting into bed. According to the site I read, that's the best idea for knowing when your body says its time to go to sleep. If you're laying in bed awake for longer than that, it's best to get up and do something until you're body is actually ready for sleep.
I've been able to do this pretty regularly, except for a late night at the Jazz Bar Saturday and a late night at work Monday.
I've set my alarm for 6 a.m. each morning and amazingly gotten up at 6 a.m. each morning (except for Sunday and Tuesday).
Several times I've woken up minutes before my alarm went off (even on Tuesday morn, but I chose to roll back over for a couple more hours).
So far I've felt pretty energized during the day. So I must be getting enough sleep. I've cut down on my coffee breaks during the day and keep wishing I had something besides soda and odd-tasting water.
I think I'll invest in a water-filtered bottle soon.
So as week one ends tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Oh and as a P.S. I'd be amiss if I didn't add that Matt caught me sleeping Friday morning after getting up at 6 a.m. I got up, got dressed, did a litte reading and found I still had 30 or 40 minutes before I had to head to work. So next thing I knew it was 8:15 and I had fallen asleep listening to the radio.

No comments: