Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Mexican restaurant open

El Grande Mexican Restaurant has opened in Waxahachie, where the old Busy Bee Bakery was.
The restaurant is owned by Jose and Rosalia Garcia and is their first venture in restaurant ownership.
The restaurant had a classy Texas decor and the food was fresh and tasty.
I usually look for three things at a Mexican restaurant, the beans, hot sauce and chips.
The chips were fresh and not heavy laden with grease. The hot sauce was good but a bit watery for my taste. The taste was reminiscent of Chili's salsa. I didn't try the beans, but my taco salad was great.
I tried to only have a small bite of the salad shell, but it was so light, fluffy and flavorful and I ended up eating most of it before I realized it. Doh.
Check them out at 1200 Ferris Ave, at the corner of Ferris Ave. (Hwy. 77 and Sycamore).

No comments: