Saturday, June 17, 2006

Chris Bell in Waxahachie tonight

Texas Gubernatorial Candidate Chris Bell, D-Houston, spoke to the Ellis County Democratic Women tonight. Great speech, fired up many of the Ellis County Democrats in attendence.
One of the most interesting quotes of the night, on the issue of stem-cell research:
"Jesus never said to heal the sick only if politics doesn't get in the way. Jesus didn't call a pollster before healing the leaper."
Bell admitted his interest in Stem Cell research was personal, after losing his mother to Parkinson's Disease in 1999 and his wife's recent battle with breast cancer.
"What kind of son or husband would I be if I didn't fight for a cure so that other families don't have to go through these kind of things?"
I'll post a few pictures from tonight a little later and I'll post my full story, including questions from my sit-down with the Congressman on Monday.

No comments: