Friday, January 13, 2006

Problems and advantages

The 3G card apparently freaked out my computer twice.
I've never seen this before, but I had a screen with lots of text pop up and suddenly my computer reset.
When Windows reloaded it gave me the option to send an error report - I passed the first time. Then 20 minutes later or so the same thing happened.
This time I send in the error report to Microsoft.
Microsoft directed me to a website with a patch update. I downloaded it, installed it and haven't had a problem since.
There's a feature on this card that I like. It's called accelerator. Which as best as I can understand it (without researching it), accelerates loading web pages by not downloading all the data information for each graphic. It looks as if it bumps them down to an 8-bit or 16-bit format. They're alot grainier but load a lot faster. So if you're in the need for fast loading pages, you can adjust the accelerator to the highest speed and the pages load a lot faster because they're not downloading as much information.
I haven't seen any sluggish performance from my text based programs like my e-mail or RSS reader. Both seem to be running fine. They may not be downloading as fast as I'd like, but like I said, this isn't the fastest speed available and some internet is better than no internet right now.

No comments: