Thursday, January 12, 2006

Cingular's 3G card

I started my first testing of Cingular's 3G card tonight and so far I like it.
I knew going into it that the 3G network is not yet established in Waxahachie, but the card I was given, a Sierra Wireless AirCard 860 will "dummy" down to the lower end network in place here in Waxahachie.
My computer says I have about a 52-percent signal through out my apartment and claims I'm running at a consistant 1.8 mbps, which I find hard to believe.
I'm pinging most sites around 242.
But considering I haven't been able to find anything other than dail-up available at my apartment, this is a good start.
The cost is higher than DSL or cable, but I can carry my computer anywhere there's a Cingular network.
I'll keep you posted on the results and let you know how the Sprint card does tomorrow.

No comments: