Monday, January 23, 2006

The best blog in the world... I mean... US... no make that Texas...

I visited a Racetrack Gas station yesterday and they've started a new marketing ploy for their coffee.
They want to prove how good their coffee is, so you can bring in a competitor's cup and get a free cup of their coffee.
But the way they're going about it is dumb.
The sign says, "The World's Best Coffee."
But they marked out World and put D/FW instead.
Isn't that backwards?
If you wanted to say how great your coffee is, shouldn't you up the value when you change it rather than lower it?
That's like saying, "We were the world's best coffee, but then we found someone in India who had better coffee."
"Oh wait, someone in Canada has better coffee too so I guess we're just America's best coffee."
"Nope - Heidenhemmer in Belton has the best coffee. I guess we'll just be D/FW's best coffee."
I hope they don't compare it to the Starbucks next door.
Because then they might have to change it to, "The Best Coffee at 3701 Hwy 77 in Waxahachie."
I could go on with the comparison, but I think you get the point.

No comments: