Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Ice Queen has come

It's icy and slick across North Texas this morning. But what amuses me most is the attitudes of most people. "Why aren't these streets sanded!? People are skidding everywhere!"
I got out and drove the 10 mile treck to work (it took about 30 minutes) and had no problems.
But I saw people having problems then and when I got out to take pictures.
People were slamming their breaks and yes, skidding into intersections.
People came to a full stop and then smashed their gas to get traction.
It just doesn't make sense. There's not that much ice out.
Sure, I'd recommend most people stay home -- it's not wise to be out when its icy like this, but I've seen a lot worse.
If you don't know how to drive on ice, don't. Stay home.
And if you are out, don't slam your breaks. Keep a good distance between you and other drivers and don't come to complete stops unless you must. And if you do, don't smash your gas pedal. Ease off the brake so your tires can get traction first.
Well, back to reporting the news.

No comments: